Kia Ora. Welcome to Marahau, Abel Tasman National Park, Nelson
Step off the beaten track and be rewarded. Unhurried days, delicious food, simple pleasures - take all the time in the world to enjoy your stay.
Combining lush native bush, golden sands, turquoise waters, rugged coastline and tidal lagoons, the Abel Tasman National Park and its surroundings is a coastal paradise.
Nestled at the top of New Zealand's South Island, Marahau lies between the magnificent marble mountain range of the Southern Alps and the pristine waters of the Tasman Bay, right at the southern entrance to the Abel Tasman National Park.
The golden beaches, lagoons and native bush make this an amazing year- round destination, famous for walking tracks, beautiful beaches and sea kayaking.
Abel Tasman National Park is the smallest and most beautiful national park in New Zealand. It also has a marine reserve off its coastline, helping to replenish the marine life surrounding the park.
Marahau is a wonderful place to visit; the people are friendly, inviting and we are happy to share our piece of New Zealand paradise with you.
Our suggestions for activities and places to visit during your holiday:
- The Abel Tasman (of course)
- Ngarua caves
- Harwoods Hole
- Pupu Springs - crystal clear water
- Visit Farewell Spit, the longest natural sand bar in the world. A great place for sea birds and waders
- Arts and crafts trail
- Motueka wine trail on bikes - visit the wineries and vineyards of the Nelson and Tasman regions
- Travel north over the Takaka Hills to Golden Bay - a forgotten part of New Zealand where many artists find retreat along the rugged coastline
- Motueka township - visit the museum to find out about the Tasman region's history
- Nelson - visit the museum, galleries, World of Wearable Arts museum
- Or just relax
Don't take our word for it, book now and come and see what a beautiful part of New Zealand Marahau and the Abel Tasman are!
"Of all the places we visited and stayed in during our trip, Ocean View Chalets and the Abel Tasman area were our favorites. We definetely will come back to stay with you " Kathy and Mac, USA